Thursday, April 17, 2008

Called To Serve

Never have I been so excited to go on a mission as I am right now. I just finished interviewing with my stake president, and May 20 (the day he will send my papers in) seems like an eternity away.

During the interview, as I spoke of what missionaries do and of whom they testify, I was able to testify several times of the divine mission of Jesus Christ, of His atonement for us, and of the Father's love. If there is anyone struggling with knowing for themselves what the atonement of Jesus Christ can do in their lives, let me say here that I know that through the atonement, our sins can be washed clean. We do have the opportunity to return and live with our Father in Heaven, eternally, because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and our Redeemer, the Son of God, and our Advocate with the Father. He truly is "an High Priest of good things to come." I love Him with all of my heart and soul and mind.

Any sacrifice that I have made is worth being where I am right now--able to testify of Jesus Christ and His gospel on the earth today, that we have a living prophet and living revelation from God, and that He is constantly working for the eternal happiness of His children--us!!! For those who are considering a mission, pray about it with an expectation of receiving the answer the Lord wants you to have (this includes older couples--and younger couples who can prepare now to serve a mission). For those who are not considering a mission, first of all consider it (even if it is 40 years away), and secondly, remember Elder Bednar's counsel from this last General Conference and be a life-time missionary.

I love this gospel. I love the scriptures. And I love our Heavenly Father and His Son, our Savior Jesus Christ.

And in four months I will be testifying of these truths full-time!

No comments:

Post a Comment