Saturday, December 7, 2013

Painting my Apartment: The After Pictures

I'm sorry to keep you all waiting so long to see what my apartment looks like now that I've painted it. But there are lots of reasons I haven't been able to take the pictures until now. For one thing, it gets pretty dark at night because the lighting isn't that great (for pictures). So after work doesn't work, which leaves Saturdays and Sundays. But guess what? Between the flooding, carpet cleaning, windows getting replaced, and pest control coming in to spray, my apartment has been a huge mess for a very long time. It's been rough, guys. But thankfully I got some pictures today. Please note that this was a LOT of work. But it's so much better than the rainbow cave!!

The front room/bedroom (any ideas on how to make my bed look more couch-ish so it looks like a front room instead of a bedroom? I'm planning on putting pillows across the back...but any other ideas?)

Don't worry, I'll put a real picture over the piano that fills up the wall a little better--but doesn't the Chinese calligraphy look nice?

I like to call this area by the closet my "family room"--thus the random overstuffed chair.

Kitchen

There are two shelves over the sink. Remember when there was just one? The other one was on the left side of the room, near the fridge, about hip level. What the? It was in the most random place. I think this works much better (especially since there are no cupboards above the sink!!).


Bathroom

My landlord replaced the toilet seat two weeks ago. But apparently they don't make toilet seats in 70's pink anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I think pillows across the back of your mattress will make it look much more couch-ish. Maybe on your new mattress, if you're not using your bed frame, you could use large cylindrical pillows on each end to look a little like armrests?

    ReplyDelete