Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowmobiling in sub-zero weather

We went snowmobiling on New Year's Day. It was the perfect day to spend outside on a fast machine with the freezing wind whipping past and ripping into your seven layers, permanently taking all feeling away from your lips, hands, and toes.

Can you see how cold it was? It was frigid. 5 degrees at the parking lot--and a wind chill of -40 (or something!) on the snowmobiles.


Doesn't this just look like a postcard? Or a Christmas card?


The snow was "epic," Corban said.

5 comments:

  1. First let me say that this is Corban, not Laura. She commandeered my gmail account to make her blog. now on to my comment:

    The snow was awesome. :) Not so much the part you took a picture of though. The awesome part is where it is light and fluffy and there are NO tracks! :D:D Too bad you couldn't bring the camera along on the ride. Some really pretty areas and great weather. (other than the cold)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, that top picture is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I took the top picture through the window of a moving vehicle. Isn't my camera awesome? :)

    Corban, another day, when it isn't so cold, I will have to take my camera. But I put the tracked snow picture in because, well, it was more visually pleasing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place is gorgeous all covered in snow! When we went and reached that area on the trail that is completely surrounded in tall, skinny pine trees and they were all heaped with snow it was absolutely breathtaking. I'm sure you could get some incredible pictures up there! (In addition to these, of course...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by the way, that is a fabulous picture of you. :)

    ReplyDelete