Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas: Ornaments


So, I've been really quite busy, actually, which is why my blog activity has been so abysmally small. But, I got a new camera for Christmas. It is a beautiful camera. Really. So the next few posts will be rather picture-heavy.

I tested out the features on my camera on a lot of things. This post will be about ornaments. Enjoy.




Ahh, the cinnamon Santas. I can't remember when my mother made these, but I think it was when we lived in Texas. They have been an integral part of our tree ever since.

As children, we made ornaments almost every year that had our picture in them. It's kind of like a "look how big I'm getting!" tree because you can trace the growth patterns of the children by the Christmas ornaments. It's a thrill, really.


A few years ago my mom started a tradition of giving us all a Christmas ornament every year that represented what we had done that year. (I got a red car ornament this year--a subtle hint about how many times it broke down in the past 12 months!) However, when we get old and move away, we are supposed to give an ornament to my mom that somehow represents our life that year. The only one who is good at doing that is my sister, who made this precious thing for my mom last year (3 grandchildren, including my sister's first child, were born within weeks of each other).

Gotta love those Christmas traditions!

3 comments:

  1. They look great!! Did you do any editing at all or is that raw material? I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it was Provo. The Relief Society did a tree for Festival of Trees (I think), and somehow we ended up with sixty bazillion leftover cinnamon santas.

    And you are SO good! I love all of these - I think my favorites are the first one and the one of Bronson's ornament. Amazing. I'm serious about hiring you to take the May family pictures. I'll talk to Kathy and we'll work something out.

    ReplyDelete