Sunday, June 19, 2011

Drawing Pigs was NOT in the Job Description

This past week at work was the only week of the year that we didn't have 100+ foreign military officers in our sphere of responsibility. Graduation was last week and the new officers don't come in until this next week, giving us one week to do everything to get ready for the new class (including housing, medical insurance, flights, rides from the airport, etc). We were also finishing up all the things from the previous class.

Sounds like a party, eh?

Well, my boss decided that since this was our "vacation week" (when he said that at staff meeting everyone broke out into overly-stressed giggles) we would have a little "party."

"Mandatory fun," the staff members called it.

Anyway, Thursday for lunch we ordered pizza and had a "get to know your coworkers" activity. The assignment? Draw a pig.

For those who are unfamiliar with my incredible drawing skills, this assignment made me more nervous than anything I have yet had to do at work, including driving a van around DC without a map and speaking to hundreds of strangers.

I can't draw. It is no secret. When I was four I think I decided that my drawing skills were awesome enough and they have stayed at that level ever since.

This is a close replica of what I drew:


Go ahead and laugh. All of my coworkers did. "It looks like a dog! Or a bug!" "That is the ugliest pig I've ever seen." "What is that?!"

Yep, I got it all. I can now claim that I am clearly the worst artist in the office.

But hey, drawing pigs was NOT in the job description!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Drawing a pig...that's an icebreaker activity I haven't heard of before. Love your picture. :) The pictures in the post below are amazing though!!! What a beautiful place! I am anxious to find out how you dislocated your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only the assignment was to draw a pig using Paint and a laptop trackpad, you would have totally rocked the office with your skills...

    ReplyDelete