Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Writing Doldrums

I am almost at the end of the marathon that doubled as my Master's program, and guys, I just can't write any more. I have been working on my thesis like crazy, and then last week I had to take my Master's exam and write even more (13 page paper in a day--merely proving that I am just as good at writing a paper the day before it's due as I was as an undergrad, but this time it was supposed to be that way!). And my thesis isn't even done yet. I sat down to write a blog post today, got a couple of paragraphs in, and realized, I. Just. Can't. I just can't write any more. So here are a couple of pictures to enlighten your day (for those 3 people who still occasionally check my blog). One day I will write about these things. 

When my thesis is defended.

Anyway, in the past two months I took a few trips to break up the monotony of writing, writing, writing. I went to Philadelphia to visit a former roommate, dropped down to DC to network and job search, flew out to Utah for my friends Amy and Kyle's wedding (and saw others of my nieces and nephews, not just the one pictured here--pictures are forthcoming!), went up to Kirtland for Sunday morning church, and oh yeah, I moved to Washington DC yesterday.







Whew. That was about all the writing I can handle right now. I'll check back in with a celebratory post when my thesis is done and defended!

3 comments:

  1. I guess I'm one of the 3 people who check your blog. Since I don't facebook this is pretty much all I hear from you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And me. That makes two. Since apparently I'm never reachable by phone and I don't return calls. Sorry about that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab in that wedding outfit. :) Guess I'm #3...don't know where that puts Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete