Thursday, August 5, 2010

"You can replace the chicken with snake"

Why do all of my crazy stories involve Taco Bell?

Today I went to Taco Bell at BYU to get my regular--a chicken burrito. This is my regular because it is only 99 cents, which is a steal, if you ask me. Especially since they raised the price of bagels from 69 cents to 99 cents, and one of the only things you can get for less than 99 cents that can even kind of be considered a meal is a corn dog. I used to get a cheesy bean and rice burrito, but then the price went up from 99 cents to $1.50. And that is just way too expensive for my starvation budget.

But ANYWAY, I went to get a chicken burrito, and just as I stepped up to order I noticed a sign that said, "Sorry, we are out of chicken." Taken aback (now I would actually have to choose something...and maybe even have to pay more than 99 cents) I told the man behind the counter that was waiting to take my order that he would have to wait a minute because now I had to choose something that didn't involve chicken.

And the girl standing next to him, trying to be helpful, said, "You can replace chicken with snake in any menu item!"

Snake? Snake?! Was she joking? I laughed out loud, and when she looked confused as to why I was laughing, I thought to myself, am I back in Taiwan? Snake tacos...really?

So then when I told them I usually get a chicken burrito, the man said, "You can try a steak burrito instead!"

Oh. Steak, not snake. I burst out laughing again and told them, "I thought you said snake, not steak! I thought you were joking!"

And when my cheesy rice and bean burrito (I guess it was worth the 50 extra cents) came out, the girl handed it to me and said, "I apologize for any snake you find in there..."

Ah, Taco Bell. Where the fun never ends.

1 comment: