Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Lights in Bethlehem

Since most people in the world (and even a lot of people in Israel!) can't come to Bethlehem to see the Christmas lights, I thought I'd do you all a favor and post pictures of them. I thought that I would be spending another year living in a country that doesn't celebrate Christmas, but since Bethlehem and Beit Sahour are Christian cities, I get my Christmas light fix every night!


This is in Manger Square, next to Church of the Nativity



Another view of Manger Square


The Church of the Nativity, marking the traditional spot where Jesus was born

These two pictures are blurry and don't do them justice, but you can see the lights stretched across the road and the Christmas tree in the middle of town. It's beautiful!


This church is right across the street from my house

4 comments:

  1. Christmas in Bethlehem - how's that for cool?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Talmage will love this post when I show it to him. And by the way, I sent your package on the 16th. I don't know when you'll receive it, but it IS in the mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. breanne, do you know that you are the coolest? i need to follow your blog more closely. i love that you are there, although it makes me quite jealous. been thinking a lot about the holy land this week leading up to our reunion. you will be dearly missed. i think you are extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete