Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas everyone! To celebrate, I thought I would share a song that has become a new favorite this Christmas season: Born to Die by Bebo Norman. Living in a conflict-torn country has helped me to appreciate even more the fact that our Savior was willing to come to earth to die for all of us. And one day, there will be peace on earth because of His life and His sacrifice.

And just because I'm in a generous mood, I thought I'd share one more song: "Hope Was Born this Night" by the Sidewalk Prophets. Every time I hear this song I just want to dance with joy.




Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet - except that everyone knows he really wasn't born on Dec 25th - that is the date given to the celebration so that the pagan converts could still celebrate their feast of the Saturnalia on that day as they've done for centuries. And the three wise men that were led there by the star had first stopped by Herod's place - Herod wanted to kill this future "king of the Jews" - he asked the "wise men" to find the baby for him - and lo, they were led right to him - with Herod and his henchmen right behind. Spiritual intervention, yes - from God - not necessarily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Born to Die." I love the line, "For those with eyes to see the Son would shine from Earth that night." Talmage loves looking at your blog with me!

    ReplyDelete