Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day

It's been a rough few weeks for me. I've had a couple of less-than-exciting encounters with the traffic police, the weather has been dreadful, and I'm to the "I hate everything" point of graduate school--in fact, I just told my advisor that I'm having "an academic crisis of epic proportions"--and I was only exaggerating a little.

You can imagine my surprise when I left my house early in the morning on Valentine's Day and saw this:


It turns out that someone(s) spent all night delivering these to all of the girls in the ward (about 50). I'm guessing it involved at least 5 hours of driving. And lots of hours of jumping out of one's car in the freezing cold in the middle of the night. Not to mention all those hours tying and taping names onto Twizzlers and Twizzlers onto roses.

Needless to say, it made my week a lot better!


2 comments:

  1. :( Sorry things are lame right now. But they're still better than they were this time last year, right?! Thankfully grad school is almost done! Can't wait to see where life takes you next. Or rather, where you take life. ;)

    ReplyDelete