Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The stats are in

So, about two weeks ago I got a "clustrmap" which shows the countries of all visitors which look at my blog. I don't know how they collect these stats, and I don't know if these people accidentally stumbled across my blog and didn't read it before leaving, or if they were just dying for news of Provo, or if they just thought my writing style was thrilling. In any case, here are the stats:

United States (US) 150
United Kingdom (GB) 38
Malaysia (MY) 8
Canada (CA) 6
Japan (JP) 5
United Arab Emirates (AE) 4
Jordan (JO) 3
Pakistan (PK) 3
Australia (AU) 3
Netherlands (NL) 2
France (FR) 2
Morocco (MA) 2
Taiwan (TW) 2
South Africa (ZA) 2
Vietnam (VN) 1
Denmark (DK) 1
Germany (DE) 1
Maldives (MV) 1
Ireland (IE) 1
Romania (RO) 1
Russian Federation (RU) 1
Moldova, Republic of (MD) 1
Saudi Arabia (SA) 1
Israel (IL) 1
Lebanon (LB) 1
Turkey (TR) 1
Serbia (RS) 1
Oman (OM) 1
Europe (EU) 1

Pretty impressive for two weeks, I think! I am now obsessed with checking my clustrmap daily to see what new countries have popped up. I have to admit that my favorites include Romania and Moldova (my friend served her mission there), Russia (I have always wanted to go), Israel, Jordan, and Taiwan (lived there), and the random visitor from "Europe." I was surprised that I had no hits from South America, but one of my other blogs made up for it:

United States (US) 33
United Kingdom (GB) 20
Germany (DE) 2
Pakistan (PK) 2
Qatar (QA) 2
Switzerland (CH) 1
Malaysia (MY) 1
Canada (CA) 1
Turkey (TR) 1
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya (LY) 1
Argentina (AR) 1
Spain (ES) 1
Kuwait (KW) 1

Just 20 days, guys, and I already have a visitor from the "Libyan Arab Jamahiriya." Could life get better than this? We'll have to wait until next week...

(It also makes me wonder if all of these visitors can read English. And how they stumble across my blog. And, most importantly, what they think of it, since only 2 people comment most days...)

7 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I can't read English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Are you the one from Libyan Arab Jamahiriya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Three comments today.

    And how to you make it all around the world so fast to check your blog from different countries?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have figured out how to log onto the internet all around the world from my computer in provo. All these hits are actually me...I just do it to make my blog look impressive. :)

    Actually, I don't know how they all find my blog, but it sure is fun to check everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get those stats?

    p.s. Don't diss Olga

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is Olga?

    The stats are from my "clustrmap"--found on the left hand side of the page at the bottom of the column.

    ReplyDelete