Sunday, July 25, 2010

An Overdue Vacation


I decided this past weekend that I was long overdue for a vacation. My life is so stressful, what with keeping up 5 blogs and taking asparagus juice breaks, and I realized that in order to keep going full speed I definitely had to take a vacation.

And what better place than Bear Lake, in a cabin, over the 24th of July long weekend?



We stayed in a really delightful little place--a 4 person cabin with porch swing included. The porch swing sold the deal for me. Overnight stay at a KOA next to a beautiful lake--and, of course, free wireless access (even when I run away I can't get away! The workaholic in me screams no!!).


If any of you ever go to Bear Lake and are looking for a step up from camping (read--showers and not sleeping on the floor), I would definitely suggest the Garden City KOA. They even won a KOA award back in 2009--and with good reason! In addition to clean cabins and bathrooms (with showers--and the showers by the cabins are private, not stalls), this KOA boasts mini-golf, ping pong, tennis, a swimming pool, a playground, a small store with grocery essentials, and the famed jumping pillow.

The jumping pillow, like the porch swing, really sold the deal for me.

The weekend get-a-way included some time at the lake, taking jumping pictures of course. What is a vacation without jumping pictures?

Does anyone else think my arms look unnaturally like wings in this one?

My sister doing yoga. And she didn't even fall into the water.


It also included some time at Minnitonka cave (which, for the record, is not worth the $7 that it cost to get in. Just go into the first room and then turn around--if you go back that early you can still get your money back!).

Losaunne got really tired while waiting for the cave tour. Check out that balancing act--must have been from all that yoga.

3 comments:

  1. You'd better post that asparagus juice recipe on our family recipe blog. I'm dying to try it.

    Also, your vacation info is sadly lacking in details. Like for one, ME, and my adorable family. And Matilda in the sand.

    And finally, did you even *jump* on the jumping pillow?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is part one. Part two? Matilda the car and Matilda Jennings. I will name it "Matilda and the lake."

    And the asparagus juice recipe is really easy. Just go to your local Asian market and buy some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! The wing one also looks like you are about to land on those sharp rocks...ouch.

    ReplyDelete