Friday, July 1, 2011

Eastern Market

Just down from the Capitol in Washington, DC is this gem of a place called "Eastern Market." It is a mix of a Farmer's Market and County Fair booths (at least what you would expect to find at Peach/Strawberry/Steel days in Utah)--but the best part is it's permanent.

I was so excited to finally find a place that would fulfill my meat and seafood needs:



This is the "inside" part of Eastern Market--where they keep the meat and seafood



I love the little mouths on the blowfish. I just want to squish them.



The best part of Eastern Market (besides the long-cut pig's feet, of course) is the amount of COLOR. Ever since reading an article about how to increase the effect of color in photography, I have been dying to take some sweet pictures full of exotic color. And Eastern Market is dripping with exotic color.




















These animals were made out of soda cans (and small wires). Wild, right?


This one is my favorite. Aren't the colors just awesome?!

While at Eastern Market, I had some famous bluebuck (blueberry buckwheat) pancakes and naturally sampled the free fruit offerings (brilliant! Samples at a Farmer's Market make me want to buy the fruit--and I succumbed this time to one of the most delicious white peaches I have ever eaten!). I didn't have any pickles, though!


3 comments:

  1. This reminds me that I need some retail therapy! School is already becoming burdensome - I think France was just a little TOO good to me.

    Hey, I am so glad you are enjoying yourself in DC, dear Breanne. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at these pictures! Those little elephants are adorable... It looks like you are mastering your camera--these look great! And, I was thoroughly disgusted by the awful foods with exorbitant prices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those soda can animals! I hope your Target trip was worth the hours of Metro riding...or was at least the silver lining in the cloud. :)

    ReplyDelete