Thursday, September 8, 2011

"I think it's mosquito!"

I think we have already established the fact that I have absolutely zero drawing skills. I can draw circles (and even ovals!) with lines coming out of them for legs and call it any animal you can think of, as demonstrated by my pig drawing skills at work.

Anyway. Yesterday I was sitting in my Hebrew class and we were supposed to practice the verb "to give" by saying "I give you this [fill in the blank]" with the blanks provided to us by the teacher. She had little cards with pictures of animals, gifts, cars, etc on them.

Except me and my two partners got a whole stack of dogs, which doesn't make for very good vocabulary practice.

So the girl sitting next to me, from France, decided to take matters into her own hands and started drawing simple pictures on the back of the cards.

I thought I would help out, so I drew a cat. It didn't look much like a cat, so I wrote "meow" next to the mouth. And the Arab girl sitting on my other side wrote "cat" in Hebrew at the top.

It was sitting on my desk just waiting there while my teacher was giving instructions, and all of a sudden the French girl looked over at my cat drawing, gasped, and said in a heavy French accent, "Oh my gosh, that's a cat? I think it's mosquito!"

Yep. I laughed about that one for hours and hours.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! It seems that funny comments are always funnier with a foreign accent, too...it wouldn't be the same if a native English speaker had said it. :)

    ReplyDelete