Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Trending Now"

Whew! I still need to blog about Rosh Hashanah at the moshav, but for some reason I find myself unreasonably busy these days! And besides, two picture-heavy posts in a row is a little too much sometimes. So today I wanted to write a quick entry about my "trending now" on the sidebar.

Sometimes I am surprised and amused at what posts are the most popular for the week. Some of them make sense: for weeks after the earthquake in Washington, DC that damaged the National Cathedral, my post with pictures from the Cathedral was consistently a top post. However, some of them are just weird. I laughed when I saw that "A Broken Toe" was one of the most popular one for several weeks...and then I saw that one of the top searches that brought people to my blog was "what does a broken toe look like?"

The other top post that caused me quite a bit of mirth? "Drawing Pigs was NOT in the Job Description." And do you know what brought people to that post? A google search of "the ugliest drawings ever." Come on, guys, it wasn't that bad!

Anyway, recently the top posts have been about Christmas lights and nativities...does this have anything to do with the fact that it's snowing in Utah?

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Now that I have the explanation you gave me about that, I always look to see what's currently "trending!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has nothing to do with this post, but I'm just sitting in my car thinking that if I wait, the heavy rain will pass. So of course, I thought of you! And that wonderful time in DC and the IRS building... :)

    ReplyDelete