Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stories that changed my life, vol. II

This story changed my life. Especially since I heard it while at the MTC preparing to go to Taiwan. I was a full-time missionary in the service of the Master.

And this story changed my entire mission.

"A mission president once told me of a missionary he assigned to more than 12 or 13 companions. He said to me, “Every one of those companions was about to go home early or be sent home. But we didn’t lose one of them.”

"When I mentioned that miraculous fact later to the companion who saved so many at the point of their being overwhelmed, I got a response which surprised and taught me. It was this: “I don’t think that story is true. I never had a companion who was failing.”

"I could see that a mission president had been inspired to send the right angel time after time. We can expect in our service to have help sent to us at the right time who will see strength in us and lift us up. And we can look forward to being the one sent by the Lord to encourage another."

--"O Ye That Embark," Ensign November 2008

1 comment: