Saturday, April 17, 2010

Road Trip

I decided that since I don't have my own babies, I would just have to write about somebody else's. And who better than my sister's adorable baby boy, who just doesn't get enough posts on her own blog!

Less than a week after I got home from my mission, I realized I was in need of some serious mission detox time. A road trip to Texas (by myself) was needed.

So I went.

While the details of my harrowing trip are described on another of my many blogs (each blog must be themed!!!), the pictures of the result of that trip will be posted here.

First, a final picture from one of the last days of my mission. My companion was kind enough to snap this shot of me a couple of days before I went finished my mission. This happened before the road trip but I thought it might illustrate why I so needed a detox tour.



Once there, I decided to feed my sister's baby, Talmage, to the shark.



He didn't like it very much.



Don't worry, he laughed it off easily.



Then, I stopped at my dear friend and former roommate Shayla's house. She live in Oklahoma.

It is pretty close to Texas, right?

Even though I tried to feed her son Max to a buffalo,



he was still happy.



He even taught me how to ride a bike--I had forgotten in the two weeks of post-mission life.



And I got to eat brisket and fried okra--just didn't get that in Taiwan!



Anyway, it was an awesome trip--idealistic, really. Thanks, Kaitlyn and Shayla, for letting me impose on your lives (and feed your children to large animals and aquatic creatures).

No comments:

Post a Comment