Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Hast Thou Not Seen?"

Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed. And I think and wonder if my life is really being directed by divine guidance, or if I am running this race alone--the wrong way.

And it is in these moments that God asks me,

"Hast thou not seen
how all thou needest
hath been granted
in what He ordaineth?"

And it's true. It is so true. A short story to illustrate:

Having recently returned from a mission in Taiwan, I still have friends there who would appreciate correspondance in the form of letters occasionally. But each letter to Taiwan comes with a 94 cent stamp bill, which gets pretty pricy. And I have no money. A bit of a dillema, eh?

And then the other day my mother handed me a stack of more than 20 stamped envelopes. Stamped with the international 94 cent stamps. And she said that someone gave her the envelopes so she could write me letters on my mission, but she never used them. And she thought I might appreciate them.

Hast thou not seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment