Monday, October 4, 2010

A Squished Spider in Shakespeare

I think we have already established the fact that I hate spiders. Really. I try to be adult-like most of the time, but spiders put me over the edge every time.

Even in my Shakespeare class.

Today we were sitting in class in a circle. I was sitting close to the wall, with my backpack sitting open in the chair behind me. One of my classmates was giving a presentation. We were all silent.

And then I saw movement on the wall out of the corner of my eye. I turned and saw a spider crawling quickly, almost over my open backpack. There was nothing else I could do. I was sitting next to the girl presenting and quickly said, "I'm going to squish a spider." (The whole class saw the spider at the same time I did.)

I quickly took off my shoe and slammed it, hard, against the wall. I then calmly put my shoe back on, apologized to the girl giving the presentation, and class went on. The laughing only lasted for about 30 seconds. :)

1 comment: