Sunday, September 12, 2010

Texas Nephews

I actually only have one nephew in Texas. But the title seemed to flow better with nephew in the plural. And since I have blogged about my trip to Texas but nothing about the reason for going, I thought I would throw a few pictures up.

This is my nephew Talmage. Isn't he cute? His mom definitely thinks so (as do we all!) and posts an almost daily record of his progress on their blog (which we all appreciate Kaitlyn!). But as his aunt, I like to think I have bragging rights too. :)

Anyway, I was only able to visit my sister and her husband and son for two days--long enough for us to make a trip to the grocery store, make falafel, go to a garden-park in Houston, and stop by Coldstone (the highlight).

While there, Talmage decided he wanted ice cream faster than his mom was giving it to him. In a split second when his mom looked away, he grabbed the lid of her milkshake and threw it off, flipping ice cream everywhere. Then, with my sister distracted with trying to grab the lid and straw from him before he made too much of a mess, he grabbed for the milkshake with his other hand and stuck his hand in it, almost knocking the whole thing over.

My quick thinking saved the day. :)

He tried to look innocent

but the evidence was all over his face.

He thought it was pretty funny!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love this post! :) Thanks for posting the pictures! Maybe your next post can be about how to play Cranium with three people. :)

    ReplyDelete