Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lara Logan and Thoughts on the Middle East

Today I read my blogger-friend Bridget's blog (I've never actually met her, but last week I had a dream that I finally did--does that count?) and found about what happened to Lara Logan in Cairo in the wake of the protests.

I really appreciated Bridget's blog post about her own experience in the Middle East, and since I don't think I can write about my own experiences in the Middle East quite yet (it still makes me too angry), I think Bridget did a wonderful job of explaining many of the problems that come with being an American woman in the Middle East. You can read her blog post here.

And, as an additional note, there is an article from NPR discussing harassment of women in the Middle East (both native and foreign), in the wake of Logan's attack. You can find the article here and another article and recording here.

1 comment:

  1. i don't know why but i can totally see you having a dream of meeting someone. not sure why... ha. i love you tons love! remember when we were roommates in the ME YEARS ago? Good times!

    ReplyDelete